Do i have a chance with my poor profile?

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

Rumi

Do i have a chance with my poor profile?

Post by Rumi » Mon May 29, 2017 4:09 pm

Hello,

I want to pursue MS in Physics. My profile is very poor. My CGPA is 2.60 and I only have 1 poster from my 1st year at the university. I want to know my chances and what GRE score would be suitable for me to get a chance for MS ? I also want to know the chances of scholarships.

Thank you.

Ptolemy

Re: Do i have a chance with my poor profile?

Post by Ptolemy » Mon May 29, 2017 5:56 pm

It will be hard but probably not impossible. Try to augment your profile especially in the field of Physics that you are interested in by attending some important conference (preferably one of international range) or doing other related activities. For example you could study an advanced topic related to your area of interest and mention it in your sop in order to show your interest. Of course, the specialization of the master that you are interested in is important as well. For example doing theoretical/mathematical physics is quite demanding and competitive whereas in atmospherical physics it is a bit easier to be admitted.

All in all, if your low gpa reflects a lack of interest in Physics, I would advise you to hold back from a master. But if there were other reasons involved and you are passionate about what you do, you will be able to overcome all the obstacles.