Taking PGRE 3 Times?

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

MilkDuds

Taking PGRE 3 Times?

Post by MilkDuds » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:43 pm

I have taken the PGRE twice already. The first time I really didn't study, and I got a 640. The second time I studied a bunch but went WAY to slow, so even though I barely got any wrong I didn't answer nearly enough questions and only got a 650. I have been practicing going quickly through the problems, and am trying to decide whether it is worth it to take the exam a 3rd time. Thoughts? How much better would I have to do to make it worth it? The rest of my application is very strong, this is really my only sticking point.

CarlBrannen

Re: Taking PGRE 3 Times?

Post by CarlBrannen » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:05 pm

I say take it again, until you're satisfied that you've done your best. And practice working problems in a stressful, timed, environment.

pqortic

Re: Taking PGRE 3 Times?

Post by pqortic » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:25 pm

I don't see any down side to taking that test 3 times. Toefl is quite different from PGRE but both are test for graduate school and I know some of international students take it 3 to 4 times to get a satisfactory score.