Anyone did standby test before?

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

liutian_min

Anyone did standby test before?

Post by liutian_min » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:53 pm

I missed the Oct.9 PGRE registration deadline and thus could only do a standby test here at Toronto.

Luckily, I indeed did the test as standby a couple of days ago.

However, I am wondering how the registration process goes afterwards. How long does it usually take to complete registration? Can I get my score reported on time?
If anyone has done the standby test before, could you please share your experience?

Thank you.

HappyQuark

Re: Anyone did standby test before?

Post by HappyQuark » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:12 pm

liutian_min wrote:I missed the Oct.9 PGRE registration deadline and thus could only do a standby test here at Toronto.

Luckily, I indeed did the test as standby a couple of days ago.

However, I am wondering how the registration process goes afterwards. How long does it usually take to complete registration? Can I get my score reported on time?
If anyone has done the standby test before, could you please share your experience?

Thank you.
I'm relatively certain that the only difference between standby and all other test takers involved you not being guaranteed a seat on test day. You took the test on the same day, your test should have been collected and sent off for grading in the same stack as the others. I'd imagine you should expect your results at the same time as everyone else.