this saturday

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

blueeverest

this saturday

Post by blueeverest » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:32 pm

To all October test takers: how to sum up the preparations for this Saturday? I guess its late for conceptual understanding. so should I just memorize any remaining equations?

G01

Re: this saturday

Post by G01 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:10 pm

Personally, I think the best thing you can do at this point is to spend the week relaxing, getting a good night's sleep every night, and eating healthy. If you want to try to memorize a few last equations then I guess it couldn't hurt.

dmahler

Post by dmahler » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:54 am

I'm spending the week maybe not memorizing, but at least looking at the equation sheet that I made over the course of my studying. Then on Thursday (I have Thursdays off from school) I'm going to skim over the old tests again for any of the questions I had trouble with the first time around. Then just relax, and wait for all the pressure to be off. After this, studying for finals and doing projects/assignments is going to seem like a breeze!

gliese876d

Post by gliese876d » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:56 am

I'm redoing some of the problems I was sketchy on in the practice tests. If I finish those, I'm going to redo some of my introductory E&M problems (since for me this is a little more of a sticking point than mechanics). It may sound silly, but since I'm primarily a kinesthetic/tactile learner, it really helps me to re-write the problems even if I know them pretty well--same with equations. I'm going to continue quizzing myself on equations by writing them down from the prompts on my home-made flash cards. And I'm carrying my flashcards with me in my purse so that every spare moment I can be looking over them up to the moment I walk in to take the GRE. Personally, I simply can't just relax for the rest of the week; I just won't be able to til it's over.. That said, I am planning on getting to bed super-early Friday night so that I have plenty of rest for such an early morning exam.

Helio

Post by Helio » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:15 am

trying to become a human calculator.... tomorrow i will go through my booklet i made and see what i remember and what i don't