Physics GRE Score Remark

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

Ammar307

Physics GRE Score Remark

Post by Ammar307 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:43 pm

I have recently took the pGRE and I scored 920 however I believe that I did significantly better so I was considering the score review option. Has anybody ever tried this and his score actually changed? I need to know if this happened to any recent case so I can attempt it as it costs 50$ and will postpone the score report.

AHipp

Re: Physics GRE Score Remark

Post by AHipp » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Hello, I believe the score report view is only possible for the general gre, not subject!

Ammar307

Post by Ammar307 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:39 am

AHipp wrote:Hello, I believe the score report view is only possible for the general gre, not subject!
No, it's available for subject too.

jabennett2194

Post by jabennett2194 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Since it seems everyone has seriously missed your point OP hahaha I would say say its really up to you, though I'm curious as to how you think you did better? Were you getting 990s on all previous back exams on the first try while timed?? If not, 920 is what... 85 percentile or greater? that is an incredible score
Last edited by jabennett2194 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jabennett2194

Post by jabennett2194 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:34 pm

Charlesbrock wrote:I think it is a smart move to take it twice. I took the GRE twice a couple years ago September and October as well and my second time I scored significantly higher. You get to have a "practice run" - you test under a time limit, see real subject GRE questions, etc. I also saw some September questions on my October exam and was able to answer them quickly because I had already done them before, so that was a bonus.

As for reporting, I waited until I had my scores back and then chose which one to send. The drawback with this option is that it is expensive, 25 per school. I am taking the GRE again this Fall and I will report to the schools on test day, it will save me some money.

You could report both scores on your testing days, I imagine the schools would take the higher score of the two but I am unsure...I wonder if anyone else here has experience with this option?
See my post, https://academia.stackexchange.com/ques ... ect-option
The only schools I encountered that required this "unofficial score report" were MIT and UBC. Nevertheless, rejected from both.

And so DO NOT TAKE AS A JUNIOR!