Screwed Up On Filling OMR Sheet on Physics GRE

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

Deep2504

Screwed Up On Filling OMR Sheet on Physics GRE

Post by Deep2504 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:47 am

Hey All:

I screwed up very bad in the PGRE exam. The exam was good and all, I did most of the problems correctly.

The clock on the test center was at a very bad position; I had to look at it through angle, so I couldn't read the clock accurately enough.

I usually fill up the OMR bubble sheet at the very end of the exam. But since I couldn't keep track of time, I was late to filling up the bubbles. I only filled up ~55 of the bubbles properly. For rest of the 45 questions, I only left a mark on the bubble, sort of like filling 25% of the bubble.

Any suggestion on what to do now? This GRE is very important as this is the last one I can take before applying for Fall 2018.

Is it possible for ETS to manually check the OMR sheet?

Sasuke

Re: Screwed Up On Filling OMR Sheet on Physics GRE

Post by Sasuke » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:21 am

You should contact the GRE services. They are the ones who can best answer this.

I had a similar problem last year. I waited until the scores were out and opted for a recheck(they say its manual). And... one week later, they reported the same score.

Deep2504

Re: Screwed Up On Filling OMR Sheet on Physics GRE

Post by Deep2504 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:49 pm

I am sorry to hear your situation.
Thank you for your suggestion. It is giving me hope if they agree to check it manually.